- Porsche history
- Engineering innovations
- Make the World a better place to live
The name Porsche has been associated with pioneering automotive engineering innovations since the beginning of the last century.
11 reasons why Porsche make the World a better place to live:
- 1900: Porsche Semper Vivus is the first Hybrid vehicle in the world
- 1900: Porsche Semper Vivus is the first car featured all-wheel drive and four-wheel brakes
- 1966: Porsche 911 S2.0 is the first production car with inner-vented brake discs.
- 1974: Porsche is the first production sports car with exhaust gas turbocharger: Porsche 911 Turbo with contact-free ignition
- 1975: Porsche is the first Transaxle sports car. Porsche introduces the Porsche 924, the first Transaxle sports car with the engine at the front, the transmission and drive wheels at the rear.
- 1975: Porsche is the first carmaker to introduce the hot-galvanized bodyshell as standard.
- 1978: Porsche 928 is the first and so far only sports car in the world to be voted Car of the year
- 1981: Porsche is the first car maker who uses heated oxygen sensor worldwide.
- 1986: Porsche 944 Turbo is the first European car fitted as standard with driver and front passenger airbags for the USA.
- 1991: Porsche is the first German manufacturer to fit all left-hand-drive models with driver and front passenger airbags as standard.
- 1994: Porsche is the first manufacturer to introduce water-based paint for repair/touch-up purposes.